Fall is nearing an end and winter is coming! In fact, today in Coon Rapids, MN we saw snowflakes. Are you prepared? Better yet, is your HOME prepared?
- Disconnect any garden hoses. Leaving them attached can cause them to freeze and burst your pipes leaving you with a bigger expense and headache!
- Clean out your clothes dryer duct and clean the combustion air intake vents.
- Check/ clean the gutters after all the leaves have fallen.
- Replace any damaged or worn weatherstripping around windows and doors.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms. TEST THEM!
- Clean or replace the furnace filter. This should be done every 3 months, depending on the type of filter.
- If you have a gas fireplace, clean the dust out of the bottom of the inserts